Monster Charger Okay?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DumaKey1212, Oct 14, 2008.

1. DumaKey1212

DumaKey1212 New Member

I have a Monster Cable charger that has a USB port in it so I can just plug in my iPod but it says "For use with Zune" on the back and I want to use this instead of having to go through the hassle of buying a way too expensive Apple wall charger. Does anyone know if the thing will charge my iPod Touch just fine with no trouble. I know the output energy or whatever you call it is supposed to be under 30V and it is (5V) so will this work?
  2. lukeluke10702

lukeluke10702 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think it will but i dont know if the zune charges at five volts..
  3. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Dont have the item personally but one would assume that it would be very similar. I would imagine that the output voltage would be very similar to the power output of the Apple items. Most of these small devices have 3.7V batteries (or there abouts.) ie: mp3 players and mobile phones etc etc. Most of them will charge off a 5V USB cable.

I have an iGo cable in my car that has multiple interchangeable tips for it. This would be a similar set up. All i do is change the plugs on the end to suit different applications. It runs at 5V. The same as a USB plug. My old iPod would charge between 5V and 30V. I also have the old car charger for my old iPod and that was 12V and it works fine with my iPod Touch 2nd Gen. So between 5 and 12 volts seems to be ok so far as i have tested.

Plug it in, give it a go... If smoke starts coming out of it... its no good!... hahah. but seriously, the zune being about the same size, i would imagine the battery technology would be roughly the same. you wont get a 48V battery that small so the charger wont output that much.

My question is... is the plug for the Zune the same as the plug for an ipod ? I know the Sansa E200 series cables are almost the same as well...