Monopoly H&N Review

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Manic Nimrod, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Monopoly Review-Manic Nimrod

Monopoly that classic board game finally hits the iPhone/iPod Touch after months of wait. Another game by the famous EA, but will it live up to the hype of its other games, such as spore or monkey ball? Will this classic game be any good on the a touch screen device? Keep reading to see weather to purchase it or not.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Key Feature list:
    First impressions:

• As you sync the game and open the menu you come across is easy to navigate around, Monopoly includes the option to play with AI, with your mates one device or play with your mates on 4 devices. Unfortunately there is on online multilayer, which is a shame, hopefully a update will include this.

• When you start the first game there will be a configurable set of options that will change how you play the game, from changing the character you are to weather you play against friends or the computer. Once the game loads, which is actually very quick, you will come across the tutorial, this tutorial teaches you all you need to know on how to play monopoly and use the touchscreen to play it.

• Click on the roll option and shake your device to roll. Oh i landed on Tokyo, buy for 1 Mill. Yes/No. No thanks.

• The game play and animations are very smooth. So far no lag. Always a good sign.

• As you move more into the game you see how well the game has been put together. Its quite good.
    Playing around with the game a little:

• After you have a quick go to test you get used to the controls and what options to press quite quickly. I have also learned that you can zoom in on the countries by clicking on one of them on the board. There you can get a view on how much they cost and if a player owns it.

• After playing around and purchasing a few countires the game still plays well, still no lag

Graphics:

• The graphics of the Monopoly are quite good, of course, they are not the best, but you cant expect everything from a small device. As i said before you can zoom into the board to check the prices of the countries and who owns them, when you zoom in the graphics are quite poor, you cant clearly see the price.

Muiltplayer:

• I am unable to test this out currently. Which is a shame, the game would be really fun to play with all your mates.

Price:
    • The price is a little cheaper then other EA games, $7.99 or 4.99. This is actually quite cheap for what you get.

Concusion:
    • Monopoly on the iPhone is very well thought out, and a great addition to EA's growing list of games. Im sure a few updates will be able to iron out the few small problems, but there is nothing to big.

• I have not covered everything that the game offers, as its is quite alot, but a bit of looking around and im sure you can see everything.

Overall:
    • If you like classic board games, and love the iPhone then this is a must for you.

-Manic Nimrod

Next review Rolando.

Might add some more detail to it.
  2. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  4. Ipodtouch97

Ipodtouch97 Banned

Very nice review, 10/10 overall very organized,and the game looks great now that you added specific details.
  5. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Syncing onto my iPod at the moment

6. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Done & Done

@Everyone else. Thanks.
  7. htrapz

htrapz New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nice review.
    So this game requires the ipod touch to be on 2.2 firmware? or does it work on 2.1 firmware as well?
  8. Functional Disorder

Functional Disorder New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nice detailed review. Thanks.
  9. murad

murad New Member

cool...
  10. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S