Mom needs help-ASAP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dragonflyacres, Nov 17, 2009.

1. dragonflyacres

dragonflyacres New Member

hello,
    just found this site and was wondering if someone can please give me some honest advise?
    I'm a mother of 5 daughters who all want a Ipod touch for x-mas.
    the problem I have is I really know nothing about them,
    I have tried to read up on them and any reviews I could find on the Internet but am still left confused.
    I am torn between buying the 8 gb and the 32 gb (3rd geniration)
    the only thing I found different about the two is the storage amount-voice control-remote & mic.
    is the $100 extra worth it? the girls are wanting it for listening to music but most important using the Internet they are facebook users and the two younger ones also use myspace and play farmville on facebook. I read somewhere (cant remember where) that the 32 is faster, is this true?
    we live out in the country (28 acres) and have Hughes net (satellite Internet) for our Internet provider not the fastest Internet but its the only service we can get out here besides land line.
    would buying the 32 gb be a better choice over all?
    ages of girls 24-23-20-15-13
    Want to get these ordered asap in time or x-mas.
    Thanks
    Marie
    hope this is the right place to ask? if not sorry.
  2. Supertouch

Supertouch Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It is faster, but not faster internet. And for internet you will need a wireless router. Those are generally inexpensive and not too difficult to find. The 32 may be a better choice, depending on how much music they have and whether or not they need the extra speed for loading games and such. Hope I have helped. In my opinion the 32 is worth it. Anyone else have anything to add?
  3. hooger

hooger Banned

five iPod touches? wow.
  4. dragonflyacres

supertouch:
    we have a wireless router, would it pick up the internet like thier laptops in our home?

Hooger:
    yea, tell me about it!
    this is costing me a futune been saving for a while now and to top it all off my 4 year old SON wants the DSI.
    that's why i want to make sure the 100 extra was worth it.
    plus it says i can get free engraving & shipping if i order from them.
  5. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Just a heads up, you can't play Farmville on the iPod touch.
  6. dragonflyacres

Shawa:
    thanks for that info. -young ones will be sad!
    why do they say you can play games? do you have to buy thier games or are they free?
    can they go on facebook & myspace? or on other websites?
    sorry about all the questions.
  7. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You can go on all websites, some may be clipped for mobile browsing, but all in all you can visit almost all of them except exclusively flash sites, there are apps you can download, for free, for myspace and facebook. and there are a lot of free games, some really fun free games too, and some not so good ones, but also some you will have to pay for.
  8. bearitouchfan

bearitouchfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    They ipods internet works the same as the laptops, If you want internet any were u need the iphone.
    The games you get from the "app store" witch is a program on the ipod that lets you browse games and all that stuff... There alot that are free there are ways to get all apps for free but I can't tell u how... just google "[APP STORE]" or go youtube and look up "[DOWNLOAD LEGALLY]"
  9. dlstc

dlstc Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    We recently bought our 8 year old a laptop because you can't play Flash based games on the iPod Touch, so no Farmville, no Club Penguin, no Poptropica, etc.

There are plenty of games available through the App Store that my children love, and they are not expensive, including Clue, Bookworm, Uno, Bejeweled 2, Collapse, Sally's Spa, Sally's Salon, Diner Dash, Cooking Dash, Hidden Expedition:Everest, Riddles, Checkers, Radio Disney, DanceDance Revolution etc. Some can be played multiplayer and some scores can be posted to Facebook, like Bejeweled Blitz (included in Bejeweled 2).

There is also a free Facebook app and a free MySpace app, that make using those social networks easy.
  10. dragonflyacres

thank you all for such great info,
    so you guys think its worth the extra 100 to get the 32gb?
    if i take insurance out on each one, is it worth it? or is it in possible to get it replaced or fixed by them?
    this is going to cost a futune are all stores asking the same price was thinking of buying them from the apple store on line.
    marie