mods deleted my signature because it had numbers in it

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by yoyorks, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoyorks

yoyorks Member

So heres the thing. this morning, i was going about my business when BAM, this guy tells me
    "You Are Going To Get A Point If You Don't Remove The Binary On The Sig In 30 Mins!" and im like, who is this guy? i immediately notice that he isnt a moderator. So i obviously don't listen to him, and a quote him in my sig as well, right below the binary.
    After he says that he reported me, i realize that the mods had gone in and deleted my signature. the binary that i had was binary for f*ck.
    What i don't get is what rule i broke and what justified them going into my account and deleting not just the part where the binary was, but the whole signature.
    Binary, for those of you who don't know is
    THIS IS THE BEST ONE OUT OF THEM ALL! BTW! this is the guy who reported me! MIKEY257

So, whatd your view on the situation
  2. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

i can see why u r upset.. and yes i think it was just a lil bit over the line from that user to just go and report u for something so unrelevant as it is the signature.... but well i guess u can come up with a funny or smart signature written in binary so there will be no problems in the future.. and well i guess that user that reported u should be look upon since he is pretending to be a mod.... just send a PM to a mod telling him that that user is pretending to be a mod....
  3. yoyorks

yoyorks Member

well i used the report feature, but nothing was done about it
  4. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    The dude shouldn't have pretended to be a mod, you are lucky you didn't get a point though, and I can't believe he reported you for binary.
  5. yoyorks

yoyorks Member

i just want a mod to respond about the situation. i've left a post on the rules discussion, but no ones gotten back to me yet

i really am starting to wonder what this forums becoming
  6. weewoot

weewoot New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thats just wrong. you should be able to have anything u want in your sig as long as its not directed towards somebody.
  7. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

mmm, I don't know if the mods are gonna agree with you or not...
  8. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Someone sent me a PM telling me that a user had an offensive signature. They linked me to your profile and I went into the moderator control panel to take a look at it. I thought the "You Are Going To Get A Point If You Don't Remove The Binary On The Sig In 30 Mins!" message was a note from another mod. I decided to delete the note because I didn't see a reason for the original signature to be removed. I must have mistakenly deleted your whole signature. Feel free change your signature back to it's previous state.
  9. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    LOL, this is amazing. Gettign reported for a binary!
  10. yoyorks

yoyorks Member

alright, that makes me feel much better.

people going around pretending that they're mods. its crazy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.