Moderators & Brown - nosers.

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by ubuntu_noob, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubuntu_noob

ubuntu_noob Banned

Why are the mods on forums nowadays so ruthless and heartless? How come they give some users more disposition than others(the brown - nosers).?

To the brown - nosers. Why is it so important to be cool on an "Internet Forum"?

Finally, what's with all these different versions of moderators? Seriously, a headphones moderator(No offense)? What in the name of sam hill does a member reviewer do?

Just a few questions that have captured my curiosity.
  2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1. To get rid of the many spammers/trollers/idiots
    2. It's not.
    3. They're specialized because they know about the specific forum they're assigned to.
    4. Member reviewers review apps and post it in the App Store Review section.
  3. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    We treat everyone the same and we get rid of mostly users that cannot follow the rules. And what do you mean by "Brown-Nosers"? Simply we just moderate one section. Manic moderates the theme section (In which he is doing a brilliant job) and I moderate the headphone section. I have spent time on there trying to help as many people as I can. Member reviewers is pretty self explanatory...They umm review apps..
  4. stabbyjoe12

stabbyjoe12 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    to be honest ubuntu noob you werent here in the days of noob city
    every other post was spam and crap
    honestly the multiple heartless moderators are the only thing that keeps the forum together
  5. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    We're harsh but fair. If you are a new user you're more likely to be unaware of the forum rules, particularly if you haven't bothered to read them. Follow the rules and avoid discussion of illegal activity and you'll be fine. We are very pro the community and developers and very anti piracy and other illegal activity. If you can't follow the forum rules you'll be reminded what the rules are and if you don't want to abide by the rules then you are free to view the forums as a guest and not post.

What an insult. Some people would like this forum to remain clean and accessible. Our member base mainly comprises the 10-20 age group and why should these people be exposed to much of the cr@p that surrounds the jailbreak & iPhone/iPod touch scene. Other members are simply helping to keep the forums proper and within the scope of the rules.

You haven't been here long obviously. The Admin owns and oversee the site, Super Moderators have full power to administrate forum functionality as well as policing members, section moderators have exceptional skills in their particular forum, moderate there and also have power to police the forums as a whole. Review Team members are members who are part of the official iPodtouchFans review team and receive the benefits of this position.
  6. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    the mods might start to be harsher on one user if that user irritates them with constant crap. I'm not saying the mods do play favorites but it's just a natural way for humans to respond to be treated like that.

whats the problem with a headphone mod. Headphones are a huge choice wen it comes to enjoying your music so being able to find someone who is well knowledgeable in the headphone field is important. I'm sure thechungster (our headphone mod) could convince you that picking out the proper headphones is just as important as picking out the right baby name.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.