Modding an ipod dock connector

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Charlie11x, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Charlie11x

Charlie11x New Member

Well as many of you know, the ipod touch 2g is incompatible with many docs and cords. I recently bought a new head unit for my car made specifically for Ipods, and you can imagine how pissed I was to find out my 2g wouldn't work with it. So, in my attempts to find a workaround to this, I stumbled upon this post through a google search.

Now If I did the same thing to my cord for my head unit, do you think it will work the same way it does with this. The mod he does seems to bypass the issue, and trick the ipod into thinking it is connected to a dock. Have any of you guys tried this out?
  2. iGirl

iGirl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It's not something I would try, chances are I would mess it up, but I hate that a lot of things are not compatible with the new ipod touch. I had the 1G and everything was perfect and then got the 2G thinking everything would be fine again (I wasn't aware of the problem) and now my dock doesn't want to charge and neither does my car charger for ipods. I really don't want to have to buy new ones.
  3. Charlie11x

Charlie11x New Member

Well I do have an Ipod video 5.5g that I can use with it, but I really wanted to use my Ipod touch with it.
  4. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    get a spare cord from dealextreme or something just in case
  5. Charlie11x

Charlie11x New Member

I'll prolly end up doing it, and I'll let you guys no how it turns out. This might be a solution to all those incompatible docks.
  6. kojl

kojl New Member

did it work?

i have a very similar problem. i have an ipod touch 2g mc model and i want to use the line in through the dock connector. i tried the method described above (1k resistor between pins 15 and 21) that did nothing.
    have it worked for you?
  7. Brand0n777

Brand0n777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Isn't there something in Cydia called " Unsupported 4" ? Try that?