Modded Tap TapCrash

Discussion in 'Tap Tap Revolution (TTR) [old jailbreak version]' started by Muffin15, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hello, i have a feeling that many people who have modded their Tap Tap Revenge with new skin such as the totally sweet rockband and guitar hero skins have experienced the gay little "The application Tap Tap Revenge cannot be opened" message a few times
    I'm not exactly sure what triggers this so I'd like to start a thread that clarifies what does
    I think it happens when your ipod's battery dies and shuts off
    I know it DOES NOT happen when you shut it off yourself

as this is an extreme pain to SSH all the files over again, i was wondering what has triggered other people's crashes, so that we can all steer clear of them
    I hope this eventually helps everyone, so thank you in advance! =D
  2. plokiju

plokiju New Member

you have to move /var/mobile/Applications/Random_letters/Tap Tap.app to /Applications to fix that and mak a folder called Documents in /var/mobile for it to work. However, this screws up the downloading of new songs.
  3. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hm, well, though that may solve the crashing, i think at the moment the access to download more songs is more important than having the SSH'd mods, afterall, its not like it takes forever to re-SSH if you save the mods in a folder somewhere

coincidentally, i was just downloading all theavialibale songs xP
    but, i had a thought to create a backup of the downloads in a folder and found that the files are not in the/var/mobile/Applications/randomnumbers/TapTap.app/Tracks folderthey are, in fact, in /var/mobile/Applications/randomnumbers/Documents/Tap Tap Revenge folder
    just fyi
  4. hy565

hy565 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I've experienced that 5 times already I think.

I'm guessing its triggered by syncing your ipod to itunes, could be wrong though.

Last night I redid the mod with a clean copy of TTR fromt he app store. For the whole of today I have not resprung or rebooted the device and it works fine. I then synced it to itunes and once I tried to open it after that, I received the dreadful message...so yea..
  5. Muffin15

Muffin15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well, now that you say that, i believe that might be it, but i think its the act of merely connecting to your computer, or possibly just itunes, as this happened to me

Also, to revise my statement about backing up downloads, they play, but are not registered in the game as being downloaded, which makes picking out new arrivals in the download section kinda hard

EDIT: I just connected to itunes, after charging in my ihome all morning because its battery died last night, and tap tap can still be opened
    lol, now i have no idea whatsoever as to what crashes tap tap
    =/
  6. Perkman22

Perkman22 New Member

this has happened to me as well. The idea of syncing to the computer might make sense, but I have also had a problem of opening it after i download another app from the app store. Don't know if this causes it, but I hope someone can come up with a definite answer soon.
  7. RileyBen

RileyBen Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This seems to happen on a respring. When connected to a comp it might respring on a sync but i do not know. Until this can be solved without moving the app from its current place, I think I will just stick with the default for now.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    just was thinking maybe a way to open the .ipa before it is loaded to ipod. if you replaced the images in the ipa I don't think the ipod would tell a difference. just a thought :/
  8. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've read somewhere that the reason it doesn't start up is that when you open the app, Apple (your device) checks each file in the app to make sure it's signed and official. When you put these Guitar Hero and Rock Band .pngs into the AppStore version of Tap Tap which checks for all the images to be signed, your device sees the images aren't signed and doesn't run the app. I'm not sure whether this is true but it sounds plausible to me. A workaround for this without moving anything to /Applications is simply to use WinterBoard.

Here:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=883610#post883610
  9. henryrp

henryrp New Member

Mine works great, I have reboted, sync and it works without no crash, You have to disable applekillswich, you can do that in bossprefs