Mod a camera into ipod touch 3g??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Snowleo, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Snowleo

Snowleo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    iFixit says that there is an empty space in the ipod touch 3g has an empty space exactly where a camera could fit, does this mean its possible to mod a [ipod nano] camera/video camera into this empty space? Couldnt it b possible to open up the ipod touch, cut a hole in the spot and place a camera into the position esily under $50 then just like ssh the camera app onto the ipod touch or sum? Ive searched everywhere for somewhere that makes such a thing but found nothing. Would either the 3g or the 3gs's camera fit in this spot? If anyone has an information as to whether this is posdible or where u can find something like this or even if you can open up a nano or iphone take out the camera and put it it in the ipod touch 3gen (desperate approach). Or maybe some1 is selling the iphones cam 4 parts? Please help me... I want an ipod touch 3 gen but only if i can get a camera on it!!
  2. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What he said.
  4. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    You'd need extensive knowledge in electronics and software development. Not really a plug & play situtation.