iOS 4.0 MobileSubstructure bypass?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by picklejw, Jun 4, 2010.

1. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hi is there a way to bypass MobileSubstructure to add dylib(s)? On 4.0 with MobileSubstructure everytime i reboot/respring it gives me the springboard crash error, i installed the OSX volume sound thing (i love it

Please Register or Log in to view images

) and i installed the MyWi (i only tether for the sftp and ssh, i dont have wifi only DSL cable so USB tethering works for ssh sftp

) anyway is there a folder? or another way to add dylib to iPhone bypassing MobileSubstructure? I realize the perpose for MobileSubstructure and I think its good however MyWi lets me activate tethering but also activates MobileSubstructures safe mode which takes my volume OSX sound

dont tell me the risks just tell me the answers please thanks!
  2. dinitrokes

dinitrokes New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I think you mean mobilesubstrate, do you?
  3. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    There is no way to get around MOBILESUBSTRATE without removing various things from your iPhone (Winterboard that controls your themes and custom sounds for example). You can remove MOBILESUBSTRATE by going into Cydia and removing it from your packages. This will also remove ALL tweaks that use mobilesubstrate. You're best bet is to get rid of the MiWi and you won't be in safe mode anymore.

Another reason why you are crashing could be the use of Winterboard themes and their incompatibility with 4.0. That is another idea.

By the way, if you had no mobilesubstrate, you'd have to restore your iPhone right now because of an infinite respring loop. If you restarted, you'd be stuck at the Apple logo. Be happy you have mobilesubstrate. I know you didn't ask to know the risks, but that's essentially what happened. Be happy you have mobile substrate.