MobileScrobbler Not Working

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by FamousLastMCRmy, Nov 29, 2007.

1. FamousLastMCRmy

FamousLastMCRmy New Member

Hey there guys, I just downloaded the MobileScrobbler app to my iTouch, which should allow all the tracks i play on my Touch to get recorded to my last.fm account. I've listen to some songs and they report that they are successfully scrobbled when I view MobileScrobbler, but when I go to view my actual Last.FM account they don't show up. Any suggestions?
  2. Dugah

Dugah New Member

what is mobilescrobbler >_>
  3. FamousLastMCRmy

It's an application available in Installer.app that is for use with the social music site: Last.fm. Basically it tracks all the songs you listen to and SHOULD submit it to the site to appear under your recently played tracks. Last.fm uses this data to recommend new music to you, find events you may be interested in, and find other people with similar music tastes to yours. It's a pretty cool site and I recommend checking it out

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. synagence

synagence New Member

It looks like the app submits tracks as they're played .... therefore unless you're scrobbling while connected to WiFi you won't get anything

They need to develop an offline cache for the iPT ... i would use it in a heartbeat
  5. Scott

Scott New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The newest version has an offline cache

It's not working for me though, crashes time after time...

edit: How did you get it working then ? I installed MobileScrobbler, entered my username and password and then tapped 'Start scrobbling'. Went to music, selected a song, waited till it'd finished and checked last fm, but the song hadn't been scrobbled...
  6. FamousLastMCRmy

I am connected to my home wireless network and all internet functionality is working fine.

I just hit start scrobbling and it says it's running. I listen to a song, and check the actual app on the Touch and it says it's scrobbled, but the site shows that it hasn't been.
  7. sct_nh

sct_nh New Member

its working for me. i actually signed up with last.fm just to use it. the app somehow closed itself so i missed a few songs but it seems to be working fine now. but theres a short delay between playing the songs and them appearing on last.fm
  8. synagence

synagence New Member

I'm sure it'll get more stable, offline caching working would be excellent.... it'll get there
  9. Shady IIV

Shady IIV New Member

Yeah, offline caching would be awesome.

Its kinda pointless without.

I installed it.

Last.fm ROCKS! Register ;D
  10. iKuro

iKuro New Member

i can't find Mobilescrobbler in the installer?

where you download it???