MobileScrobbler help needed please

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by swd72000, Jan 29, 2008.

1. swd72000

swd72000 New Member

I have deleted the mobilescrobbler folder from my ipod touch but still have it as an update in the installer. When i try this update it says only for 1.1.2.
    There is also a mobilescrobbler option in the uninstall menu of installer. When I try to unistall it displays the main script execution failed message.

Ps using latest installer and the version of scrobbler listed is the latest 1.4rc1

Any ideas? I would love to remove any traces so that i can reinstall it.
  2. swd72000

swd72000 New Member

Bump
    Anyone know how to fix this?
  3. teletoeffel

teletoeffel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Just install the 1.4 version and ignore the update message.

That's it.
  4. swd72000

swd72000 New Member

The 1.4 version was installed. it is still in the uninstall menu but the program is not actually on the ipod anymore so it cant uninstall and is not in the installer.app to reinstall
  5. swd72000

swd72000 New Member

Update for anyone else with a problem similar to this. I went throught the whole of the ipod looking for traces of mobileScrobbler and deleted them through ssh like i mentioned earlier. What fixed it was editing a file called LocalPackage.plist located in Library/Installer. I made a copy of this file and a backup (just in case) and opened it with word pad. Located the scrobbler entries and deleted everything from the first "<dict>" above scrobbler to the "</dict>" after the scrobbler entries.
    Copied it back to ipod > restarted > opened installer and it wasnt in the uninstall list.
    I then reinstalled the app and everything is working fine.
    Sorry for long post but thought it may be of help to some stuck with other programs with a similar problem.
    Laters

EDIT: credit to Striker9 for idea in his post i found through searching the forum.