MobileSCrobbler ALWAY running??

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kappatango, Jan 21, 2008.

1. kappatango

kappatango New Member

HI,

I am new to scrobbler, so bear with me on this one.

So, I installed it last night, listened to some music and very happy, but, I have exited out of the APP yet there is still the musical note in the top right corner saying its running.

I ran my sysinfo app and sure enough, in the running programs list is "Scrobbled". It wont kill the process from Sysinfo....

I have tried relaunching Scrobbler and then exiting using the Hold Home key method, until it closes the app, but its still running.

Is this normal - I dont want my battery to be consumed by it running all the time - or is this normal?

Thanks

Kappa
  2. synagence

synagence New Member

It appears to hook into the music playing section of the software and if you are scrobbling tracks it is ALWAYS running...

Its finally getting stable too ... i've had a few problems with older version causing certain things to lock up but it seems much better lately.
  3. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Dont worry it wont reduce ur battery life, it bearly uses cpu power on standby. Unlike the other programs that will.
  4. stirpicus

stirpicus New Member

Errr, I dunno... that program ate my battery life like crazy.. especially when I would switch from wifi spot to wifi spot...

I was wondering why I was only getting a few hours battery and then I uninstalled it and voila, suddenly I get much better battery life.
  5. moler

moler New Member

Open the program and turn off the scroble songs option. The note in the top right corner has to disappear!