MobileMusicPlayer.app in Categories???

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by OptimusGeorge, Jan 11, 2008.

1. OptimusGeorge

OptimusGeorge New Member

Hi, I've been searching around and I can't find a clear answer on this.

I have an iPod icon that's accessible using Categories. Upon further delving I discovered that it's MobileMusicPlayer.app. I'd love to add this to the dock of my iPod touch. I've seen some rather twisted walkthroughs involving editing the plists of the Springboard and the MobileMusicPlayer.app itself.

Seeing how easily Categories gives you access to this application has got me wondering if someone hasn't created an easier way to get access to it on the Springboard.

If anyone has any information, thanks in advance. If not... could you point me in the direction of the most painless way to add this icon to my dock. Thanks.
  2. moto617

moto617 New Member

On finder.app yoc can open a file with the mobile music player and it is the iphones ipod app. I thought that was pretty cool.
  3. gyphie

gyphie New Member

I just gave Categories a try on my iPod touch. I noticed that it shows the iPod icon and MobileMusicPlayer.app but it doesn't show the Music icon and app. I think Categories is hard-coded to believe it is on an iPhone and is just confused.