mobilemusicplayer.app hosed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pss, Apr 9, 2009.

1. pss

pss New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I used the source ftad.howett.net to install an update to MobileMusicPlayerFlip. I thought it was odd that an update was even needed for this since it worked the first time, but I installed it anyway. Now the MobileMusicPlayer is gone, no "iPod" icon or "Music" and "Videos" icon. The application MobileMusicPlayer.app didn't even show up in the /Applications folder. I downloaded and installed a replacement MobileMusicPlayer.app and got the two individual icons back, but when I tap either of them it crashes right back to the springboard.

Is there any way to fix this without doing a complete restore and losing everything?
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Uninstall the update, uninstall the replacement apps, and make sure nothing is turned off (hidden) in Bossprefs > Poof
  3. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Please, how many threads do we need about this!?!?!

In the past few weeks, all we have are noobs asking the same questions over and over. They include things about: "other" files, why Kate messed up their iPod, what happened to MobileMusicFlip or what is Icy.

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!
  4. pss

pss New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I had already attempted all of these.
  5. sbdxaric

sbdxaric Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    use finder to check if it still exists
  6. pss

pss New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    After the update to MobileMusicPlayer Flip, MobileMusicPlayer.app did not exist. I re-downloaded and installed it and the "Music" and "Videos" icon came up, but either of them just crashes right to springboard, I don't even see the song list.
  7. Aodhan97

Aodhan97 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    try double tapping home button

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    check the permissions. Also if you have a 2.2.1 ipsw, open it using 7zip and get the mobilemusicplayer.app from it. Do not download from the net.
    Here is the link on how to do it:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1432304&postcount=32
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    If you don't want to help don't do it. Just don't spam the threads. These type of problems do occur and most people do not use the search button. If you really feel that sick stop visiting these threads. There is no point in coming over and spamming
    cheers
  9. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What are you talking about? If these idiots would learn how to search, they wouldn't have to post the SAME thing MORE THE ONCE A DAY over and over again. Now thats spam! At least i'm not starting threads about it - I'm just replying to the ones that were started in the first place.
  10. pss

pss New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I found the problem. The actual executable file inside the MobileMusicPlayer.app folder was not made executable. After setting that permission, it launched easily.