MobileCast completely messed my ipod!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by blackheart, Apr 22, 2008.

1. blackheart

blackheart New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hello. I have 8GB iPod touch with jailbroken 1.1.4 (I used Zibri's app). Today...I installed mobilecast. Right after it installed with no error, I pressed the home button to exit package manager. And it started going crazy. Every 5-10 seconds or so it restarts and tells me the first message(the one with how to change icons around by holding them). I can't even turn it off because it will restart itself. I can't go to installer and remove that because it will not let me(it will quit and restart itself).

What am I supposed to do? Just wait till the battery is over?
    won't his mess my ipod?
  2. afiqqq

afiqqq New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what a noob.
  3. iluvmytouch

iluvmytouch New Member

Have you ever tried to plugin your iPod Touch on your Comp, and then start iTunes. Your iPod Touch should show up "sync". After that leave your iPod pluged in, and deinstall MobileCast.
  4. flynch

flynch New Member

Sorry to hear that your having problems.
    I don't think this issue is being caused by mobilecast, it sounds like there is something wrong with the jailbreak.
    We have a number of users happily using mobilecast on ziphone jailbroken itouch & iphones. I'm running with such a setup myself. I did find that updating from a previously jailbroken 1.1.2 device to a ziphone jailbroken 1.1.3 was a bit troublesome. This was because ziphone didn't remove the 3rd party apps which were now installer under the wrong user id. The simple solution was to restore the device & jailbreak it without any 3rd party apps installed.
    hope this helps.
    --Frank

PS if you believe that this is a mobile cast issue you might want to post over on the mobilecast google group.
  5. blackheart

blackheart New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks

Thanks. FFS, I AM a noob!!! I just restored it. iTunes wasn't even recognizing it anymore. It was f***ed. I just pressed the power button and the home button at the same time and it turned on in restore mode. then I set it up with iTunes again.

Thanks