Mobile terminal problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cheeseyogurtmonkey, Dec 30, 2009.

1. cheeseyogurtmonkey

cheeseyogurtmonkey New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have the new ipod touch 8 gigs and im running on 3.1.2. At first i had no problem using mobile ternminal for downloading *******. Afterward, for no reason, it stopped working and was crashing and whenever i typed up ANY command it would say " sh fork retry resource temporarily unavailable". How can i fix this?
  2. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try reinstalling it.
  3. cheeseyogurtmonkey

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i tried reintalling it many times and nothing worked. i havent tried rebooting because mines tethered and im not near my computer now.
  4. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Then how are you typing this?

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. cheeseyogurtmonkey

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  6. diceteam

diceteam New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am having a problem with the ipod terminal. Everytime I try to modify *******s it says timed out

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. sdfa

sdfa New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem and all I could find for help was a few unanswered questions like yours around the internet. I was able to solve it in my case by killing some processes that I'd started with mobile terminal but hadn't ended them somehow.

In my case I solved it by getting a few shells on the ipod through ssh from another computer (for convenience since the ipod's window is so small) and doing 'ps aux' to get the list of processes and the pids of the one's that I knew were broken and then using the 'kill' command with the pids to get rid of them. More help on killing processes can be found by googling combinations of terms like 'linux killing process.' Good luck!