Mobile terminal problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by cheeseyogurtmonkey, Dec 30, 2009.

  1. cheeseyogurtmonkey

    cheeseyogurtmonkey New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2009
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have the new ipod touch 8 gigs and im running on 3.1.2. At first i had no problem using mobile ternminal for downloading *******. Afterward, for no reason, it stopped working and was crashing and whenever i typed up ANY command it would say " sh fork retry resource temporarily unavailable". How can i fix this?
  2. Cl8rs

    Cl8rs Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2009
    Messages:
    1,760
    Likes Received:
    1
    Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try reinstalling it.
  3. cheeseyogurtmonkey

    cheeseyogurtmonkey New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2009
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i tried reintalling it many times and nothing worked. i havent tried rebooting because mines tethered and im not near my computer now.
  4. b-mac 39

    b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2009
    Messages:
    5,809
    Likes Received:
    60
    Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Then how are you typing this?

    Please Register or Log in to view images

  5. cheeseyogurtmonkey

    cheeseyogurtmonkey New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2009
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  6. diceteam

    diceteam New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2010
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am having a problem with the ipod terminal. Everytime I try to modify *******s it says timed out

    Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. sdfa

    sdfa New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had the same problem and all I could find for help was a few unanswered questions like yours around the internet. I was able to solve it in my case by killing some processes that I'd started with mobile terminal but hadn't ended them somehow.

    In my case I solved it by getting a few shells on the ipod through ssh from another computer (for convenience since the ipod's window is so small) and doing 'ps aux' to get the list of processes and the pids of the one's that I knew were broken and then using the 'kill' command with the pids to get rid of them. More help on killing processes can be found by googling combinations of terms like 'linux killing process.' Good luck!

Share This Page