Mobile Terminal Help.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by infernoxc, Jun 24, 2009.

1. infernoxc

infernoxc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hello i have .deb files from cydia and i want to know how to install or unpack them using mobile terminal. thanks in advance
  2. un49iven

un49iven New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Copy the deb package to the device and run
    dpkg -i /Path/To/Package/Package.deb

if you get a permission denied error, try with 'sudo' (without quotes) before dpkg in the above command
  3. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    easiest method I found to do through cydia is upload the deb file to /private/var/cache/apt/archives make sure not to rename the deb file after download...... then go to the entry in cydia and hit the install button.

sorry to but in on this..... to avoid any permission problems once u load mobileterminal type su then return, next line will ask for a password...... type alpine (mobileterminal will not show you typing) hit return.

for easy of installing through mobileterminal, upload the deb file to var/mobile

then dpkg -i <Package name>.deb

followed by killall SpringBoard (with the capital S and B) then return...... this will respring your iPod
  4. un49iven

un49iven New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you don't need to apologise... your info was much more precise than mine...
  5. infernoxc

infernoxc New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks guys i tried the mobile terminal way and it worked, cydia always crashed if the wifi is off dont know i u guys know a fix. anyways thanks alot for ur help
  6. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    un49iven: cheers for not taking it the wrong way I alwys get a bit cagey when it comes to offering a more precise opinion on what someone has already posted.

infernoxcyou will have to live with it unfortunately. I gave saurik a twitter about cydia crashing offline so I am hoping he has time to get back to me