Mobile Substrate

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by crizh4x, Jan 1, 2009.

1. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was curious if anyone had a decent guide on Mobile Substrate plug-in development? I did a quick Google search and didn't find much.

I need something that is actually pretty simple. I need, yes NEED some sort of plugin or extension that allows me to call an alert from the command line. I have other ideas for this for a backup, but I would really appreciate it if someone could either write this for me (since I've never done anything with CLI in this language) or give me a good resource to get going on it.

Again, I have a backup option, but it's ugly compared to calling an alert from the command line. Hopefully it will be similar to Erica Sadun's previous 'alert' bin utility for 1.1.x. I had contacted both Gojohnnyboi and ipodtouchmaster about this in the past, but neither really did anything with it. Hopefully ipodtouchmaster will take it back up since I've done so many nice graphics and things for him

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. godogshomie

godogshomie New Member

3. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thank you, I'll look into that a little more closely, but it doesn't give me all of the information that I'll need, like passing variables, or how to call it from the commandline.

Any tips there? I know in Windows, variables and arguments are no big deal. I'm sure they aren't hard in Objective C either.
  4. godogshomie

godogshomie New Member

your bet is as good as mine lol i just remember seeing that and thought i'd pass it along

5. sikkink

sikkink New Member

Not alone anymore

I NEED as well the same fonction.

What a can say is that I just succeded in compiling the ExampleHook example with the 2.2 SDK a few minutes ago. You don t need a toolchain installed just 2.2 SDK from apple. I can give my Makifile... Ih this helps.

Now I m wondering as well where to find doc on mobile substrate ?¿

We ll keep in touch.

Didier

didier.sikkink@sikkink.org
  6. andydam123

andydam123 Member

Saurik's telesporeo site has some info on Mobile Substrate, you should check there.
  7. sikkink

sikkink New Member

8. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Chris if you need some help then please pm or im me.
  9. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol I just tried to contact both of you... no response. This will be a great tool to have I believe. It will allow iPhone Utilities to have the same PC - iPhod interaction as iPranks had over SSH.

I am prepping for a release, but something like this is worthy of creating another delay

Thanks!