Mobile Substrate LAUNCH Plugin

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by frankmarco, Sep 20, 2010.

1. frankmarco

frankmarco New Member

Aug 20, 2010
    I am developing a Mobile Substrate Plugin that overrides the lock button to launch an application when pressed.

At this point, I have it working so that it launches the application when the button is pressed however I am experiencing two issues that i can't seem to fix.

1. If left running for more than approx 30 secs the device stops responding. The only way to reboot the device is to do a hard reset (menu button + lock button)

2. If the menu button is pressed before issue #1 occurs the app does quit, however, the phone reboots and then drops into safe mode.

Here is the hook method that gets executed when the lock button is pressed:

static void __$ExampleHook_Application_LockButtonDown(SpringBoard<ExampleHook> *_SpringBoard) {

// Create a SBApplication instance
    id application = class_createInstance(NSClassFromString(@"SBApplication"), 0);

[application initWithBundleIdentifier

Please Register or Log in to view images

"" roleIdentifier:nil path

Please Register or Log in to view images

"/Applications/" bundle:nil infoDictionary:nil isSystemApplication:YES signerIdentity:nil provisioningProfileValidated:NO];

// Create a SBApplicationIcon instance
    id applicationIcon = class_createInstance(NSClassFromString(@"SBApplicationIcon"), 0);

[applicationIcon initWithApplication:application];

[(SBApplicationIcon *)applicationIcon launch];

The app mentioned above "" is a jailbroken based app that I wrote which executes fine (ie. no hang ups or problems closing) if launched by just tapping it's home screen icon.

Any thoughts as to why I am experiencing these issues?

I would appreciate any help or insight!

Thank You,