Mobile Stacks Reloaded???

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Darlyn, May 9, 2008.

1. Darlyn

Darlyn Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So I found this version by ModMyiPhone user antiben and manually installed it. After a reboot, I go to the StacksController, as dictated, but all I get are two lines of text reading "Stacks settings" and "Stack Contents". The "Edit Contents >" item is there, but when I tap it nothing happens. I have tried restarted the Stack Daemon several times with no avail. Anyone get this working (I'm on 1.1.2, by the way.)

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

hey bud. this is old news. this has been asked a lot a long time ago, and answered a lot a long time ago. The reason is that that function was never supposed to be released, only for people who created it, but the option got released, but the 'options' themselves didn't. basically, its a pointless button that leads nowhere. next time use the search bro. thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Darlyn

Darlyn Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I know that the original Stacks required you to edit the plist file, but this guy promised that you wouldn't have to go through all that. I was under the assumption that this version of stacks required a total of THREE apps just to run because it added some functionality...
  4. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

very doubtful. i never liked the stacks app. they were always a bit buggy for me. like if you hit an app from a stack the stack is there for a couple of seconds. it just bugs me so i never bothered with it. i would suggest that you wait till they come out with the edit stacks option for real.

edit: they probably want you to install one of those premade stack packs from a certain repo
  5. beatoven

beatoven New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Did you copy all three apps to your Applications directory?
    BaclightSwitch.app, StackController.app and MobileStack.app?
    After copying, set all three folders' permissions to 755 using any ftp program or by using SSH like antiben said. Then it should work fine.