Mobile Mail Problem With the Outgoing Connection

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Time To Shine, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

Ok I need help. I installed mobile mail on my 1.1.2 jailbroken iPod Touch awhile back and it always said, "Cannot Send Mail: The connection to the outgoing server 'smtp.gmail.com' failed." It would also say that for my "out.izmymail.com" for my hotmail account. So I was wondering if anyone knew what I should do. I currently have a jailbroken 1.1.3 iPod Touch and it still says that same thing for both my hotmail and my gmail account. I am in the dark about any of this. So if someone could help me I would greatly appriciate it.
  2. chinchillion

chinchillion New Member

I'm assuming that you used the mail thing for either 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 from installer, correct?
    I'm not positive on this but I had 1.1.3 jailbreak last night and I also couldn't get email to work (with comcast) and i googled and googled to try and find if there was a different code I had to put in and nothing worked.
    So i just went back to 1.1.2 and everything works now...
    I'm not sure about the email services that you have but that's what happened with comcast.
  3. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

ok. I never heard about comcast before. But when I installed the Mail app off of installer on my jailbroken 1.1.2 it wasnt able to work for me. I was kinda hoping that v. 1.1.3 was going to work for me but it didnt. I got all the iPhone apps for free on my 1.1.3 Jailbroken iPod and still no luck. I have no clue what to do. Should I wait a little while to see if anyone is going to figure this out in the future or should I keep looking now? I want to stay with the v. 1.1.3.