Mobile internet

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by seamonster124, Nov 26, 2008.

1. seamonster124

seamonster124 New Member

can someone please tell me how I can get my ipod touch to display web pages like the real internet and not the mobile version? thank you
  2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    99% of the pages i visit look visually identical on my Touch as they do on my desktop pc. i suppose it depends if the sites you visit have mobile versions. and if they do can you just switch them off back to traditional? (li8ke google for example)
  3. andyt4097

andyt4097 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well I know when you go to Google on your Touch, theres a link at the bottom that reads, Mobile or Regular. I prefer the mobile pages because they fit the screen so nicely.

Anyway, I'm not sure you have the option to choose. I think some pages that appear in mobile format do so because they read the version of your browser, which in the Touch's case, is a mobile format of Safari, so the sites automatically load in a mobile format.
  4. seamonster124

seamonster124 New Member

thanks for you help.

when I first got the ipod I went to www.colbertnation.com and it looked just like it does on my PC. now, for some reason its the mobile version. theres no link to view the classic version

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. andyt4097

andyt4097 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    In that case, I'm not sure how to revert to the classic version if no link is present. I'm thinking that there is some part of the site that reads your browser type, and thats how it decides what version to display.
  6. ShadowKing

ShadowKing Member

Device:
    iPad
    Sometimes they put a M or mobile some where in think link when the page loads. Sometimes you can just delete that.