Mobile Finder keeps crashing

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Shoe.Gal, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Shoe.Gal

Shoe.Gal New Member

Mobile Finder was probably one of my favorite apps from Cydia. But not it crashes when I launch it. I've re-installed it several times and I've check the permissions it's fine. Anyone know what I can do?

Also I've heard that you can change MobileStudio so it can read all of the folders on your phone and not be sandboxed. Is that true even with the latest version of MobileStudio? If so, can someone explain how I can do that?
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Search "Root access for MobileFinder" on the forums. It gives you the step-by-step guide, but to sum up it's basically "move the application out of /mobile/Applications and into just /Applications. The MobileFinder in Cydia needs 6777 permissions (with sticky bit) to do anything, and crashes a lot... but so did the one in 1.1.x that it was based on.
  3. Shoe.Gal

Shoe.Gal New Member

Thanks! I'll do a search and see if I can figure out how to modify MobileStudio. So how do I change the permissions on MobileFinder? I don't think 6777 was what it's set at. I think it's 7575 or something like that. I use Cyberduck to SSH into my iPhone but don't know how to change the permissions from there.

I am on a Mac by the way...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Well I'm abit confused now. Everyone is doing something abit different in the threads I read. So I just move MobileStudio to the Applications folder and that's it? Or do I still have to set up a link? And change the permissions? Some people are doing it and others are not. I'm confused...

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Just try reinstalling through Cydia.
  5. slamdunksaliby

slamdunksaliby Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    If u have the theme radiance, delete that. That is how i fixed it. then u can reinstall it back.