Mobile Broadband For Touch.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by anton2k, Dec 6, 2008.

1. anton2k

anton2k New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Dont know if this subject has been brought up on this forum before but any way. Dose any one know of a way or know if it could be possible to hook up say for example your mobile broadband usb dongle to some sort of convertor that would plug into the bottom of the ipod all we need then is some software right?. lol or am i i dont know just a though i had.
  2. 03199618

03199618 New Member

no not possible
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    A mobile broadband USB dongle (aka "internet stick") with a dock connector? Highly unlikely.
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Solution: Get an iPhone.
  5. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I hate it whaen people say that. Its not as easy as going to the store and getting an iPhone. What about the ridiculously expensive plan that you need?
  6. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That is the POINT of the iPhone. The Data Plan. The 3G chip is not just used for Cellular calls, its for Data also. Nigh-broadband speed data might I add. If you want to stay connected to the internet, you get an iPhone. Or any other 3G enabled device.

If you were to get "Mobile Broadband" for the iPod Touch, you'd still be paying an expensive Data plan also, if it were even remotely possible.
  7. anton2k

anton2k New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hm.....

i Agree with Spyda. I hate it when ppl say that lol. Any ways Teslanaut Mate its all about the i touch not the iphone i know verry well the iphone can go on the net celluarly. But again this is not the piont its about what you can do with the itouch. Let us dreem btw guys i is gona make some concept art. Oh and btw Teslanaut Get an iphone seems to be your soulution to alot of things. Meaby you should post somthing less sarcastic next time. Meaby Offer some feed back.

At least that dude offerd his opinion i have read some of your replys to other topics and stuff Teslanaut. I smell some one trying to get there post count up^^

Any ways yea ppl i is gona do some concept art on the ida of mobile broad band for the touch. lol anothere crazy idea that came into my head. say u get mobile broadband working with the itouch notice i siad say !!!. yea so say u get it workin then use online calling service lol such as skype then u get a mic for the touch that would be sweet any ways am going way of track there it would be link and iphone then right? lol
  8. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I am serious. If you want mobile broadband, either (A) Get a Laptop with a 3G card and set that up as an access point for your iPod Touch (B) Get an iPhone. No sarcasm there. If you seriously want to be connected to the internet wherever you want to go, that is your option. Or, if you want to dream as you say, build a nationwide Wireless network. Good luck finding the funds for that.

You have no read any of my other responses at all. Or if you have, you chose to ignore the posts where I help people. I do not post for the sake of post count. I post for the sake of helping. If post count were disabled or if mine were reset, I'd still go around posting.

Again, everything you've mentioned, is already there. In the iPhone. You may not know this, but cellular services are no different from VOIP, which is what Skype is.
  9. Noisemaker

Noisemaker Banned

Technically, with enough time and effort it could be done. But that comes down to someone spending hours and hours to make a cable and the actual app. That's the unlikely part. Not to mention you would be adding a lot of crap to your device. It's easy to just throw in your pocket now, but adding a cable and the air card would make it annoying.

Just set up an ad-hoc network for the aircard, or stick to hotspots.
  10. unlimitedx

unlimitedx New Member

$840/yr to use an iphone is a no go for me. At least not while I am a college student. I do not and will not spend so much of my time on the internet--most of the time spent is just for fun and time wasting (like now).

Currently paying $600/yr for a family plan with 3 other members.