mobile app store short on apps?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by berky93, Jul 19, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

I just tried to buy guitar toolkit for my ipod. because I'm not at my mom's house where my computer with itunes and my ipod is synced to it is, I tried to use to mobile app store. I went to search and typed "guitar" and guitartoolkit came up as an option. I tapped it and it said no results. I tried searching again this time with a space. nothing. I searched guitar and only got band. so I went into the music category to look for it and it wasnt there.

to confirm its still available I went into my dads itunes and found it in the app store. still available. but why isnt it on my ipod?

I'm wondering if maybe the ipod's app store isnt complete, or if this is just a bug?

also how can I fix this, because I use my mobile app store much more than my itunes's app store.
  2. Themanisback

Themanisback New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just went to look for it on the app store from the ipod and found it, but when I tapped it the search came back with no results. I don't know why this happens, but there is obviously some problem going on here.
  3. berky93

berky93 New Member

I wonder if devs get an option to be In the mobile store, and if other apps are missing from it
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok I just got on my computer and I checked - the mobile store IS short on apps. it shows 20 apps in the music category, but the itunes store shows 27 apps there.
  4. guitartoolkit

guitartoolkit New Member

GuitarToolkit is iPhone only ... but Touch ideas in process ...

Just wanted to respond, interesting to see the symptoms you are reporting. I suspect that GuitarToolkit is showing up when there's an iPhone around, but not when there's just an iPod Touch? We have marked it as "IPhone only" in the App Store, as it requires the iPhone's microphone to do tuning, etc.

We have iPod touch ideas in the works ....

Thanks -- GuitarToolkit team http://guitartoolkit.com

@guitartoolkit on Twitter
  5. berky93

berky93 New Member

why did you mark it iphone only when it accommodates itself to the touch too? I have it on my ipod touch and it automatically removed the tuner as it should (of course youre the person who would know that better than anyone)

but that may be why. good idea to put that feature in the app store, even if it causes a few problems
  6. Covenant550

Covenant550 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it seems liek alot of apps from appstore are missing so i just stick with itunes itself