MNPlight impossible to get from anywhere

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jayradikay, Feb 21, 2009.

1. jayradikay

jayradikay New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Aka the app that lets you add downloaded mp3s to the ipod player w/o itunes.

I've tried atleast 3 repositories in cydia/installer claiming to have it and they all give some sort of error. I did manage to download a zip containing the .app but after I copy all the stuff to the folders (mentioned in PxlPkg.plist) it just doesn't work and yes I've rebooted.

So does anyone know how this killer app can be obtained, or atleast a similar app. If I made a .ipa out of the files and dragged it to itunes could it work? Then again I doubt it likes JB apps very much.
  2. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    what version are you? 2.0+ if you are, that wasn't ported, it's either dtunes, or mewseek pro.
  3. jayradikay

jayradikay New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Fw 2.2 but I can't even add those repositories/sources I get errors like 'cannot decode'...but if its not 2.0 I guess theres no point in trying to get it.

But as far as I can tell thats the ONLY app out there which does this, like the developer is the only one who knows the secret to tricking ipod.app's music database.

And I use dTunes alot but theres alot of things to complain about like how it changes your brightness to barely seeable (on exit/when trying to multitask), freezes randomly sometimes needing a hard reboot, and the shake to change music doesn't work in the background. Is there some kind of fix to the brightness bug? But besides the flaws it works alright for video.
  4. jdknauer113

jdknauer113 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    if your getting errors with cydia then re-jailbreak. Use mewseek pro because its so much more efficient.
  5. jayradikay

jayradikay New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Everything else works in cydia its just all the repos said to have this app are dead by coincidence my other custom sources work fine. Try for yourself google for sources that have this app. Maybe the dev took it down so he could figure out a way to make money off it who knows.
  6. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This app was never ported to the 2.x firmwares. It is impossible to get this app on an iPod touch with firmware 2.2.
  7. jayradikay

jayradikay New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I've already given up on this app. Too bad theres no alternatives. The main thing I want is to be able to change songs if you're in another app which only ipod.app can do perfectly/at all.