MNPlight for ipod touch!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by drewer, Jan 14, 2008.

1. drewer

drewer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey, the new version of mnplight 2.2.3 **edited** 2.2.4 supports the ipod touch!

If you don't know what MNPlight is its an app that was made to eliminate having to use iTunes completely, and can all be done from your iPhone or iPod, no computer necessary. You can still use iTunes, but its nice to work in conjunction with the safari plugin, because you can use MNPlight to sync all the music in your downloads folder into your music library so u can play the songs in the background with mobile music player.

HOW TO FIND FIREWIRE GUID: (required)
    to use MNPlight with the iPod touch you need to go to preferences and type in your Firewire GUID which can be found by following these instructions (Windows users):
    -Open control panel
    -click on the "system"
    -click on the hardware tab
    -click on device manager
    -maximize the "universal serial bus controller" category
    -make sure ur ipods plugged in and right click on the usb serial that inlcudes ipod in its name somewhere
    -click properties
    -click the details tab
    -in the drop down box make sure "device instance id" is selected
    -a code shud be displayed under the drop down box
    -the Firewire GUID is the first 15 characters after the second slash, only the first 16 after the 2nd slash. when u type it in MNPlight double check to be sure it is in correctly.

Your Firewire GUID goes in "Settings" in MNPlight, second input box down.

TO SYNC MUSIC / ADD PLAYLISTS:
    In MNPlight, go to "Playlists" to make new playlists and sync music from any folder on your iPod or iPhone to Mobile Music Player. NOTE: When you try to sync music from a directory on you iPod or iPhone, it will take some time, be patient. It will appear as if its not working for a little while depending on how many songs there are. The page will appear to be loading, and only a white screen will be showing. It took me about 5-6 minutes to sync 23 songs.

You can now sync any music on you iPod into your music library to play with Mobile Music Player on your iPod touch.

For more information you can contact the creator (Fabrice Le Fessant)
    MNPlight website: http://movenplay.gforge.inria.fr/

Or send me a PM.
  2. taxbax

taxbax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    has anyone confirmed this? i put mnplight on my ipod a while ago and it totally f***ed it up so i am hesitant. also, is 1.1.1 ok?
  3. drewer

drewer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah..

the older versions didnt support ipods, since 2.2.3 (2.2.4 is now out) it supports ipods, i spoke to the creator myself concerning this, just remember to put in ur firewire guid in. Thats y it didnt work b4 bcuz the ipod had checksum security while the iphone doesnt.
  4. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hey buddy it's the first 16 not 15. Warning to all out their if you put 15 you'll probably currupt the itunes.db file and have to restore it from backup. You need the first 16 characters i tried this out last night the owner posted up a great tut stating 16 characters.

View installaton tut without errors here : http://movenplay.gforge.inria.fr/#installation
  5. tag009

tag009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    okay, thats why it didnt work. it didnt support ipod touch!
    anybody have a mac tutorial? Please.
  6. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    view the link in my post above yours you'll see the mac tut on their.
  7. bluedevilsnare

bluedevilsnare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I can successfully import the music but it will not play on the mobile music player. It will load the song but will show the current time as 0:00 of -0:01.

Has anyone successfully imported their music onto the mobile music player and actually listened to the song?

I am on an ipod touch with firmware 1.1.1 and the latest version of mnplight.
  8. drewer

drewer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea thats wut happens to me to, its just the way it is, it wud be very hard to make it support the current time feature bcuz the ipod uses a checksum emthod to see if anything in itunes control has been tampered with which will lead ot it saying no music and no videos, kinda of like bricking only ur music and ur videos. this is why the ipod origninally cudnt support mnplight.

but hey, u can play music in the background now.
  9. tekabridge

tekabridge New Member

sync with Outlook calendar

Does anybody know whether MNPlight could synchronise with my Outlook calendar ?
    If not, what could be the solution to sync my outlook calendar without the burden of using iTunes?

Thanks
  10. matriculated

matriculated New Member

Haha - I was wondering why it didn't work for me too. Thank goodness the author had the foresight to make a backup of the iTunes database so I didn't lose my songs.