mmWebCliplc (Offline web for iPod touch)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by parkerparker, May 1, 2008.

1. parkerparker

parkerparker New Member

I found this app under recent packages and it claims to be offline web for ipod touch. Its contact is moto_maka (the Japanese guys) and I'm not sure what source is but when I installed it and opened it it crashed on startup. I tried searhing for it and I got nothing. Google doesn't even bring up any results. So if anyone knows if it works and if so what else I need to install to make it run? + rep for help. Thank you
    -Parker
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

answer me this question of common sense.... could google return results if theres no internet!!!! no!!!
  3. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

does it mean offline web as in actual internet? because that frankly isnt possible.

if it is a legit app then my guess would be it saves your cache so u can bring up pages youve visited without an internet connection,

and a quick thing to check for any app that crashes at startup, check the permissions, i doubt its not sett to 755 seeing as it was in installer but hey, it cant hurt to look
    1 person likes this.
  4. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

precisely. web browsing without a connection is completely preposterous
  5. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

wow im suprised my theory even made sense, as much as i pride the fact that im very good with tech, internet terminology and workings are still a little vague
  6. parkerparker

parkerparker New Member

haha no no guys I realize that that is impossible I'm not stupid. That is just how the app is advertised. So that's how I put it. I do want an app besides iwebsaver.com and I was hoping this would work. I figured its legit cuz its starred in installer.
  7. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    okay stop talkin like your reading out of dictionaries people, ofcourse hes smart enough to google on a device that has an internet connection.
    his question is that hes got the app, but it crashes on startup. he was researching to see if theres any info on it like if theres a fix or somethin.

id say just make sure permissions are set right. thats usually the problem.
    1 person likes this.
  8. parkerparker

parkerparker New Member

alright I'll sign on winscp and see what I can do and come back and tell what happens thanks touchnoob for leaving out the smart ass comments + rep
  9. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

who was making fun of this guy? NO ONE, we just clarified for anyone that didnt know
  10. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

HMMMM? who was the guy that said check the permissions in the first place?

Please Register or Log in to view images

now who was the one that got recognition for it?

Please Register or Log in to view images

1 person likes this.