MMS w/ iPhone 2g w/ 3.1.3 on tmobile.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by germ, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. germ

germ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    edit....

here are the instructions....

add the following repo in Cydia..

http://c.ifon1.no/

it took me 2 to 5 times for it to finally recognize the url, but it did (not sure if thats my wifes phone or the repo's server or our wifi).

once that is done, go back into sources and view all files available for the ifon1 repo.

choose the obvious one, 2g MMS on 3.1.3

again, it may take a few attempts to download the file, again, not sure if thats the repo server, my wifes phone, or our wifi.

once you are done with that, you will need to MAKE SURE MMS IS TURNED ON IN THE MESSAGING SECTION IN SETTINGS.

then you need to go to Settings>General>Network>Cellular Network...

change the MMS setion to the following...

APN: wap.voicestream.com or epc.tmobile.com or wap.tmobile.com (depending on your data plan)
    Username: leave this blank
    Password:leave this blank
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms (the ifone1 repo file automatically adds "http://" to the front, you will need to delete the whole line and retype in the same info but with out the http:.// in the front
    MMS Proxy 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size:leave this blank IF YOU CAN, if not, change it to 99999999 (that would be 8 9's)
    MMS UA Prof URL:leave this blank IF YOU CAN, otherwise, leave it alone.

my wifes phone settings are....

APN - wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC - 216.155.174.84/servlets/mm
    MMS PROXY - 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS MAX MESSAGE SIZE - 99999999
    MMS UA PROF URL - HTTP://WWW.APPLE.COM/XXXXXXXXX (X = SOME OTHER STRING OF LETTERS THAT I DONT HAVE IN FRONT OF ME RIGHT NOW).

now do a FULL REBOOT of the phone.

now it should all be working. test it by sending someone else a pic and then have them send one back to you. by sending yourself one, you are not going through the "complete" channel of mms "delivery" and is not an accurate way to verify you are working correctly.

hope this helps!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had originally posted this thread for more info to get this working for people still on a 2g w/ 3.1.3 and never got an answer.

well, i stumbled across some info last night and found a repo for the needed file.

for those that are interested i have found the answer and it was tested on my wifes 2g iphone last night and is 100% working with ZERO downgrade to the pictures (they are sent at full res).

i am going to do this on a buddies 2g iphone w/ 3.1.3 and see if it works as well.

ill report back in a couple hours with the "how to" in a couple hours.
  2. philcamlin

philcamlin New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    hey, i had the same issue but with ROGERS in canada. i found out that theres a firmware that enables it itself.

http://www.whited00r.com/

good luck man!:D
  3. germ

germ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    have you used them before?
  4. germ

germ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    for those that are interested i have found the answer and it was tested on my wifes 2g iphone last night and is 100% working with ZERO downgrade to the pictures (they are sent at full res).

i am going to do this on a buddies 2g iphone w/ 3.1.3 and see if it works as well.

ill report back in a couple hours with the "how to" in another thread.
  5. germ

germ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    upsadaisy
  6. 432521

432521 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    is it possible that you will be able to tell me if this works with iphone 3g? I can send mms but then I can not receive mms I keep on getting the message about the pictures is to big or something like that.
  7. germ

germ New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

if you can send but not get mms, you should just need to change a setting....

you need to go to Settings>General>Network>Cellular Network...

change the MMS setion to the following...

MMS Max Message Size:leave this blank IF YOU CAN, if not, change it to 99999999 (that would be 8 9's)

however, i will say that i do not know for sure what your issue would be, im just guessing.

i would also say to check out my other thread i started about MMS on the 3g w/ 3.0 its possible that it could help you more.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205696
  8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

great job

after so much searching and nay-sayers out there, your instructions worked like a charm. Awesome!!!
  9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

THANK YOU!! I have searched and nothing worked- but this did!!!
  10. hacker2021

hacker2021 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    THANK YOU AGES!!!
    I know this is a few months old, but because it's so valuable and the repo is still working, I'm sure someone else needs this.
    I tried everything else but this was the lucky charm
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.