iPhone 3GS MMS prob on iphone 3gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jeffsm3, Nov 17, 2009.

1. jeffsm3

jeffsm3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ok guys just a question for you all. I just picked up my 32g 3gs. Couple days ago i jailbroke and unlocked my phone for tmobile.. awesome jailbreak and unlock. Everything works great. EXCEPT.. My MMS.

Now before i get yelled at for searching i did and didnt find a good answer. I have the t-mobile carrier package which enables MMS and tethering. I reset my network setting applied and thought it worked fine.. i have all the right setting i think atleast.. but i cannot take a picture then send the thing. Is there anything anyone can teach me? i must be doing somthing wrong.

Also.. bonus question. (one i didnt search so feel free to yell) how come when i turn on 3g i loose service? turn it off and everything is cool?

Thanks anyone for the info i do appreciate the help..
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

What are you using for your MMS APN settings? More than likely that is your problem.

As far as your bonus question: T-Mobile uses a completely different frequency for their 3G network; when you turn it on it searches for 3G on a frequency that T-Mobile does not use and you lose service.
  3. jeffsm3

jeffsm3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    drew,
    thanks for the response.. the 3g thing makes sense i didnt even think about it. as far as the APN settings well i wish i had my phone right now.. Ill check um and post it up for you. off the top of my head i thought they were right. I installed the t-mob postpaid carrier pack. which is supposed to enable the mms.
    also.. i had a friend email me a pic. i received it and forwarded it out.. but as for taking a pic from my phone then sending it, its not working so im a wee bit confused with that.
    anyway thanks for the reply.
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

How are you trying to send the MMS (or rather attach the picture into the message)?

There are two ways to do it: are they not working or do you just not know how to do it (not trying to sound like an ass; just asking).