MMP Help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by xXrkidXx, Jun 27, 2009.

1. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Since I installed MMP for 3.0(enabled use by Winterboard) i cant get my iPod controls to come up without having music on... It used to be able to double click the home button and id get the controls with or without music... but now it opens the iPod app... i tryed changing it in General>Home
    no matter what its set to, i cant get the controls to come up... any ideas?

3.0 Redsn0w .7 32GB 2G

anymore info needed, please leave a comment.

Please help! its getting EXTREMELY annoying.
    EDIT
    its from the ModMyI repo all help is still appreciated!
  2. un49iven

un49iven New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    use the search feature on this site... there are several posts discussing this... I've personally listed out all my finding related to this here... but anyhow, here's the gist..

Scenario:
    Unified iPod icon is a iPhone functionality
    MMP Flip with spotlight fix (the one u used) makes the iPod Touch think it is an iPhone is this regard.
    Default iPhone behaviour... iPod HUD (popup) controls only show up if music is playing

Result:
    iPod (player) works like it does on the iPhone and iPod HUD controls.

How do we fix this:
    No way yet... but from my analysis, this could be the only fix (in the future)
  3. fatsnake69

fatsnake69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    or you could uninstall MMP flip from cydia and drop this Info.plist into /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/

it does not add the unified ipod feature but just switches the icons. i have not tried it since i have an iphone but it used to work when i did it on my iPod touch

you might want to backup your old Info.plist just incase you want two icons again

Attached Files:

4. Mgssidley

Mgssidley Member

From Cydia, did you download MobileMusicPlayer or MMP. You should have downloaded the latter.
  5. un49iven

un49iven New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    MMP with Info.plist mod - spotlight will not work
    MMP with N45AP.plist mod (or winterboard version) - iPod HUD controls will not work...
  6. fatsnake69

fatsnake69 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yah but you can get both of these to work if you edit the Info.plist in the actual MobileMusicPlayer.app - you just switch the true and false lines
  7. un49iven

un49iven New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Modifying the Info.plist as you mentioned will give you a unified iPod icon... with iPod HUD controls working... but spotlight will not work properly... when you try to open any music file through spotlight, you will get a "search://MobileAudioPlayer...." error... since the spotlight in the iPod touch looks for MobileAudioPlayer and MobileVideoPlayer... but the unified iPod player is MobileMusicPlayer...