MLB At Bat 2009

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by bauern, Jun 24, 2009.

1. bauern

bauern New Member

Anyone gotten the live viewing of games to work on a touch? Mine continually hangs while it's trying to find my location, was hoping there might be a workaround into just telling it where you are.
  2. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You need to allow it to find your location. If you don't allow it, it will continue to hang.
  3. bauern

bauern New Member

Yeah I allowed it, left it trying to find my location for 10 minutes. Wierdly after respringing just now it worked. Now if I could figure out how to tell it I'm somewhere else I could actually watch a game, damn blackout rules. Anyone know how to fake your location to your ipod? Found some latitude and longitude coordinates in a nib file in the At Bat but they look like they're just for displaying your location on the map, not actually changing your location. Gonna go digging through the file system.

Edit: Ha that didn't take long. private/var/root/Library/Caches/locationid/cache.plist. Open with a plist editor and you can enter in your own latitude and longitude coordinates. Doesn't last though it will change your location very quickly. Don't think you can make files read only as far as I know, would have to find the file that's actually writing to the disk and disable it's writing properties. At Bat is hanging again at the Checking Location point though.
  4. xxDriveNxx

xxDriveNxx Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I definitely need to find a workaround for this. There is no way to determine my location where I am (smaller town in central Minnesota), and it just gives me an error each time I check. It sucks, since I bought the application for the sole purpose now of the live tv, and I can't even use it.
  5. fiftyfour123

fiftyfour123 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  6. xxDriveNxx

xxDriveNxx Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the advice! Just added my MAC address to the database.
  7. -tcq42-

-tcq42- Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    They just released an update the supposedly fixes the issue.