MKV to ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by spacemaker14, Feb 3, 2010.

1. spacemaker14

spacemaker14 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    All i am trying to do is just convert my .MKV videos to MPEG4, that is playable on my ipod Touch 2nd generation. I am currently running windows 7 and the old program i used to use on windows XP, XVID4PSP, for some reason will not convert them anymore. Any easy ways i will be able to do this?
  2. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    MKV is sometimes not compatible because it's actually a container. Usually for avi files. you could find a demuxer and then try converting the avi file. for basic conversions I use Prism Video Converter. I know for sure that Prism is compatible with Windows 7 and that it can convert an mkv file with the default settings meaning what ever audio language/subtitle track is set as default is what will be hard coded. I'm testing now if the mp4 files will play though.

ok so i found that the converted mp4 will not sync to the iPod but if you select it and make a iPod version in iTunes, then that one will work fine. It's a lot of work just for a single file though.
  3. koyut

koyut Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I normally use handbrake. Usually it is not recommended to directly convert mkv to an ipod compatible container. I searched and found a suggestion to use mkv2vob, try it and see if the results suit your needs.
  4. dre@ms

dre@ms Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I use FormatFactory and does the job pretty well. I use it for converting anything to my iPT or iP3GS.
  5. koyut

koyut Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I use this one too. It is soo easy. Just check your A/V if it syncs, sometimes it happens that it does not sync.
  6. ww927bin

ww927bin New Member

try pavtube mkv converter,it can work well on Win 7