Mix and match theme parts

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tavis_C, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Tavis_C

Tavis_C Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Anyone willing to teach a newbie on how to do this? I've slowly learning how to SSH, I'm just having some trouble figuring out exactly what I want to transfer. One thing I want to do is use the Deep theme with the sounds from Lea, the keyboard from Perfect Storm, and the lock screen from PS as well. I would like to be able to put it all in the same directory, so when I select Deep in Winterboard, it installs all of the different parts at once. Anyways, anyone willing to give me some knowledge?
  2. eric780

eric780 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yeah i'm interested in getting the vista perfection sounds onto vista mobile.
    i think it involves taking a certain file and placing it in another theme.
  3. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You download all of it to your computer, and drag everything into the Deep folder. Should work. If not, ZIP it up and send it to me, and I'll get it to work.

You'll see things like UIsounds, UIimages, Private. Just drag everything in all the items that you want into Deep. It works fine usually if not, there are some dependencies that I can work out.
  4. Tavis_C

Tavis_C Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I thought that was the way to do it, but I can't seem to find the lockscreen for Perfect Storm anywhere. I found the background image for it, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for for everything else.

*Edit*

Just for clarification, should I be transferring the whole part of a theme? As in, the whole Organe.theme file, or should I put all files in Organs UI directory into Deeps UI directory, and etc?

*Double Edit*

Nevermind, got it to work. So far I have the main theme, keyboard, and sounds to work. Still working on the lockscreen and the Organ music player, but this is coming along better than I had hoped.
  5. AniolRawien

AniolRawien New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I know this is an old post, but I'm trying to do the same thing and I can't figure out what I need to do. I'm taking SO many things from SO many themes.. what do I need to do to make it work?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Dust

Dust New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you want the sound from one theme, copy the UISounds into another theme that you want the icons for. If you want to switch the wallpaper, switch the wallpaper.png with something else. It's all about changing the names and putting stuff all into one folder.
  7. AniolRawien

AniolRawien New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    What about info.plist? What is that? Not important I assume?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Okay, I did it... but my calender date text size changed and I don't know what I need to look for to change it back....
  8. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just zip it all up and send it to me with the info you want..