Missing /Springboard.app/Springboard

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by juturna618, Oct 19, 2007.

1. juturna618

juturna618 New Member

First off, a big hullo and thanks to everyone on the forum for all the help with jailbreaking and troubleshooting

I managed to jailbreak using the TouchDev guide, and installed trip1pogostick, summerboard, and customize. Wanting to streamline the performance a bit, and after reading that both summerboard and trip1pogostick are not needed, i opted to uninstall trip1pogo.

This led me to the stuck logo problem, and so (as before) i searched the forums for an answer, and came up with this promising thread that might help me get back into installer.app and get trip1pogo back.

Unfortunately, at this step
    terminal returns a "no file or directory", and i can confirm through Cyberduck that there is NO Springboard file in /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/

Without this, i can load the apps, but the iPod is totally unresponsive and its interface useless.

Help would be GREATLY appreciated as to how to get the interface working again and/or another potential solution (maybe a copy of someone's Springboard file?)

-Jon
  2. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

Sorry but I don't know the exact problem but the last resort would be in a restore. There's a few automatic jailbreaks (Windows and Mac) so its not going to take you that long.

Or you could do what I did when I got something wrong, re-do it using the TouchDev guide, its more rewarding in a way.
  3. juturna618

juturna618 New Member

I would absolutely do it myself, although i think I'm missing the original interface file entirely and will re-jailbreak if necessary, but i would prefer not to

Thanks anyway!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

If you still can't find it, tell me where the file is and I will upload it for you if you need it.
  5. juturna618

juturna618 New Member

Man you're fast!

Okay, i believe (if the quoted post is correct) the file i need is
    /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/Springboard

Gracias