Missing music bought from ipod touch when connecting to laptop

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by edinkel, Apr 30, 2008.

1. edinkel

edinkel New Member

OK, so here's the deal...I buy and download music off of my ipod touch. great! but when I connect it to my computer, that music I bought disappears.

I have my sync options set to "Manual" instead of "Automatic" so I'm not sure what this happens.

Also, recently, when I buy videos off of itunes (from my computer) and then drag and drop them into my ipod touch, they seem to work just fine. The next time I plug my touch into my computer, they disappear again....even though they are in itunes still on the computer. Doesn't make sense!? Any tips?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. mushroome

mushroome New Member

dont know about the videos. but to export the bought songs

plug in your ipod and in itunes right click your ipods 'music' folder

and then click transfer purchases
  3. Chappie

Chappie New Member

I am also having the same problem. My touch is set to manual, I plugged it in today to update my ipod with the music I purchased off of iTunes, like I've done previously, and now all of my old purchases that I had done through the touch itself are missing. Is there a way I can contact apple about this because at the moment I am very very angry...
  4. C000LIN

C000LIN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I use this to transfer my music and videos when I switch computers its pretty easy just download the trial it only allows to switch ten at time i believe but if you need to switch more like your whole library you can buy it or pm me and ill tell you another way *hint hint*

http://www.imtoo.com/ipod-computer-transfer.html
  5. Chappie

Chappie New Member

transferring music from my ipod to my computer isn't my problem, but thanks for the link.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Somehow my touch lost all of the music that was purchased on it's built in iTunes app when I added music to it earlier today via my laptop. Obviously I had it set to manual sync, etc. so as not to over ride any of it's music, and I have not hacked it in any way.
  6. EMForce

EMForce New Member

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Mee Tooo!!!!

This happened to me as well, I just tried contacting apple about it. I will be very disappointed if my purchases are non-refundable if in this case I can not retrieve them once again.