Missing Icons in Themes

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Elric, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Elric

Elric New Member

So it seems every time I install a theme it fails to change at LEAST one of my icons to the theme icons and makes the entire theme look very poorly done... first, it's ALWAYS the Weather icon, stays as the default sun on blue. And more often than not, RSS Reader stays with the orange "Feed" logo...

Any ideas how to install my own icons to a theme, With customize, you cannot instal your own icons, and with Summer board you can either use the themes icons or not, you can't pick the ones you want.

Basically, I would like to use a specific icon for itunes Wifi, and say, another different "themed" icon for my Safari, and a different one... you get the idea... anyone know of a way?
  2. pathfinder

pathfinder New Member

Hi Elric,

in order to change the weather icon (mabye other icons, too), you have to change your language to english (USA)...that's because other languages don't use the icon.png, but another one, because of celsius scale...
  3. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thats why I decided to make my own theme. Its really easy and it supports 47 apps. lol.

Make an icon and have it in .png format. Name it to the name of the app and put it in
    ~/Library/Summerboard/Themes
  4. Elric

Elric New Member

This helped to a certain extent, I changed my "Region" to USA. That fixed the Stocks Icon, now it changes to the theme. I fixed the Weather by uninstalling the 1.1.2 version and installed the 1.1.1 version.

But there still seems to be a problem, mostly Address Book icon stays at the default, as well as the Music one now. A lot of times the Google Maps stays default too and the RSS one NEVER changes now lol. I even uninstalled and reinstalled twice.

Oh well I guess I'll just use customize for now and keep the default icons until someone can get it fixed *cough "apple" *cough...
  5. Andreas Harder

Andreas Harder New Member

ok, here is my solution for the "steady" weather icon.

/Applications/weather.app/info.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
    <string>English</string>
    <key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
    <string>Weather</string>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.apple.weather</string>
    <key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
    <string>6.0</string>
    <key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
    <string>APPL</string>
    <key>CFBundleSignature</key>
    <string>????</string>
    <key>CFBundleVersion</key>
    <string>1.0</string>
    <key>SBIconClass</key>
    <string>SBWeatherApplicationIcon</string>
    <key>SBUsesNetwork</key>
    <integer>3</integer>
    </dict>
    </plist>

if you delete the bold lines, your theme icon for the weather application is on the screen
  6. pathfinder

pathfinder New Member

I know your problem...That's why I have customized my iPod manually, by replacing the icon.png files in the specific folders...
    Maybe we just have to wait for a new summerboard-version...