Missing files

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by tpmaxwell2, Aug 27, 2008.

1. tpmaxwell2

tpmaxwell2 New Member

When I SSH into my ipod, and check under applications, certain apps are missing. For instance, I have mobilefinder, but i cant find it under apps, or anywhere in the directory for that matter. I'm "missing" about 15 applications, but I can use them on ipod fine with no problems.
  2. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    depends how you have put them on

if they are .app that you have put in by SSH they will be in /Applications with the name "Name.app" but if you have put in ipas through itunes they will be in /private/var/mobile/Applications with long numbers for a folder name. you will have to click each folder to find out what app it is.
  3. tpmaxwell2

tpmaxwell2 New Member

thats the thing, there are no other files in that directory. No numbered files, and none indicating the app. Half have been SSHed into my ipod, and the other half are downloads from itunes app store.
  4. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    cant help you then, cos thats the only 2 locations they are in. u sure you in the right place?

top level /Applications OR /private/var/mobile/Applications
  5. tpmaxwell2

tpmaxwell2 New Member

Yeah, I just rechecked again. Hmm... I was reading thru some of the other posts and I'm having that safari download problem also, where I cant view downloaded files, but there is a root directory for it.