Missing artwork...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Toilet Duck, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    New round here, got me a spanking new iTouch 64, thats been wrapped up for xmas.

Before wrapping it I stuck my music, some apps, and a few of my films converted to the weird format ipods use. Generally it seems good (Admittedly a couple of obvious features are missing that should really be included in the iTouch), but theres a problem with the album artwork.

I spent an evening sorting my music out (I tunes seems to just divide entire albums up into random selections of other albums). The albums have now been reunited, and the artwork added from Amazon (this was added to complete albums, not individual tracks). iTunes is now in order with all albums showing up properly with artwork.

The music was then synced to the iTouch, but theres a problem. My music collection stands at just over 20gb and about 85% of the albums show up with artwork, but about 15% of the albums just show up with the music note, and no artwork. I've tried deleting all the music, and re-syncing, but the same albums are missing their artwork.

The strange thing is that of the albums missing artwork some had their artwork provided by iTunes, and the rest were my addition (roughly a 50-50 split), so after adding over 50 album covers I know my technique must be ok (probably).

So are there any top tips to sort this out?
  2. revmike

revmike New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Try this go to iTunes and select an album that is missing the artwork on your itouch. Look at the little box containing the artwork and copy. Then select all the songs for that album, and click for info and paste the copied artwork so that all songs receive the art and then re-sync your touch and see if the art is there and if so do the rest of albums with missing art.
  3. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Will do, just another 9 days till I can unwrap it and try it!