Mirror Screen Protector vs Clear Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NearZero, Jul 3, 2010.

?

Mirror Screen Protector vs Clear Screen Protector

1. Mirror Screen Protector

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Clear Screen Protector

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  1. NearZero

NearZero Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hey i'm looking to buy a screen protector but i cant find out which one to get that'll protect it very well and make it so it like makes the quality of the screen bad and suckish so please vote so i can figure out which one.And reply below to please tell me which one will cover up light scratches on an iupod touch screen

thanks
  2. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Neither, screen protectors are horrible. It is near impossible to put one on without those annoying bubbles or lumps or without a spec of dust or something being stuck underneath, therefore leaving a mark.
  3. NearZero

NearZero Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Really cause Next Byte said they can put it on for me for free witch this special tools for it and my friend did it and there were no bubles at all when they did it
  4. Enrygie

Enrygie New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    When using a mirror screen protector, its hard to see fully outside in the daytime without fully turning up the brightness (reflects to sunlight, only iphone brightness provides) and that leads to faster depletion of the battery
  5. undergroundH

undergroundH Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    I had a clear first and it was great because, no scratches showed and it was anti-glare.
    but now I have a mirror and I love it. Although scratches are noticeable and in light its a bit difficult to see the screen but hey its a mirror so that's why I like it so much.
  6. Nail66

Nail66 Guest

I used the standard screen protector from ATT on my samsung captivate and it looks perfect. Did take a 2nd try though, thankfully it was a 3 pack.
    You're correct that any amount of dust will cause bubbles, but if you're able to get it on straight without any dust underneath, they can often be only slightly noticeable to look/touch.

Any opinions on mirror vs anti-glare?
  7. It4Ch1

It4Ch1 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hands down, clear SP
  8. viet_cong

viet_cong Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thats gonna depends on waht you are going to use your ipod touch for.

outside = anti-glare screen protector
    inside = regular screen protector

Mirror protect tends to have a glare to light, rainbow affects, and cant really see anythng when there is light. you may need to put brightness up too see better, though it kills ur battery (this is from my expieicne)