Minor wishing to develop

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Salmanius, May 30, 2010.

1. Salmanius

Salmanius Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I just purchased a MacBook Pro (which is awesome!) with the intent of developing apps, but ive come to figure out that it requires be to me 18, which im 2.5 months from. I would rather not waste all this time waiting till im 18, and from a little research ive found that i could enter a partnership with my parents then have them drop out when i become 18. If anyone knows how that works or even a better way i would the please respond. If possible id like to sign up with their program as a company (having a company name sounds more professional) and i dont need to be able to publish apps just yet.

Thanks in advance.
  2. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What I did is just put all of the information in my parent's names. Then I developed and published the App to their names. Essentially, they are publishing the application and I am simply developing it for them.
  3. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Great idea use what he said ^^^^^^^
  4. Salmanius

Salmanius Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Id rather have my name/or a company name instead of theirs.
  5. lauNchD

lauNchD Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    1. If it's just 2.5 months, you can just go ahead and develop your apps anyway. When you've learned enough coding and you're finished with your app, you can apply to the developer program. If your device is jailbroken, you can install your apps without a valid signature.
    2. I'm not even close to 18 (depending on what you percieve as 'close'

Please Register or Log in to view images

), and I managed to register, even with my minor (so no loans) bank account and my real name. Apple probably doesn't have any time/resources to do background checks on every developer, at least in Germany.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    BTW: You can choose your company/"artist" name, but your real name (or whatever name you registered yourself with) will always appear in iTunes in the Seller field.
  6. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Yeah, I think the best way to go would be to learn to develop with only the simulator, and when you are over 18, pay for the program, just go to developer.apple.com/iphone, register, and download the SDK.

It's advisable that you learn before paying the 100 bucks so you take advantage of the money you pay.
  7. Salmanius

Salmanius Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Which simulator are you talking about?

And is there a way to acquire the SDK (legally) without joining the program?
  8. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

My brother put the SDK on my Mac and I'm not a dev. Idk if he did it legally though. I think you can download it without registering.
  9. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    The SDK includes a simulator in which you can test your programs.

It requires you to register, but not to pay, to use it.
  10. Communati0n

Communati0n New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    doesn't the sdk come legally with the mac. if not, u can download it from the official site. i think u can still use it to develop apps but not sell them on the store