mini vMac help.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by jimbeam, Feb 5, 2009.

1. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I got everything working with one problem disk is locked and not enough memory errors when trying to install some things or running different games or applications. I'm guessing I need a blank disk image to simulate a hard drive as like other vMacs, but the ones I have tried just show as a blank floppy?

Any ideas on how to fix this?
  2. ice_cold_irony

ice_cold_irony New Member

Hey
    Installed vMAc today and fooled around a bit. Seems a bit weird to use but pretty cool, I'm working on getting some games working.
    Have you tried using the Blanks.zip available from the vMac site? It unpacks into different floppy sizes, I think up to 2gb.

Does it help? or different problem?
  3. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I will have to try them. the ones I used were from another site.
  4. ipodtouchpwnd69

ipodtouchpwnd69 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    google- ipod touch vmac disk image

just google that and you will find stuff
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    wait if its doing that then slide 2 fingers to the left and your disks will show up.
  5. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    For f*** sake. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't bother posting. Neither of you came even REMOTELY close to solving his problem. And telling him to google? That's just an excuse for your stupid ass not knowing the answer.

Jimbeam, to fix your problem, SSH into your iPod, find the disk image that you're using, right click it, go to properties, then change the permissions on it to 777. This can be done with MobileFinder as well. Save changes, exit out of SSH, respring, then start MiniVmac and your disk will now be writable.