Minecraft is free...

Discussion in 'Minecraft & Pocket Edition (PE)' started by theodore214, Sep 21, 2010.

1. theodore214

theodore214 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ...Well, for now. He's trying to fix his website and some other important stuff so he's doing a free-to-play week-end kind of thing.
    BUT!!!!!
    You will need a paid account after the stuff fixes up, which he said will probably be later on today.
    So try to soak in as much fun as you can in the next few hours or so.

Edit: Damn you stupid computer not having good video drivers...
  2. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    It's been free since like Saturday, dude.
  3. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No one else mentioned it, so it's still useful. Thanks for posting! I already have an account, but I've been trying to get more people to play so this is awesome.
  4. theodore214

theodore214 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I know, but like Vince said, no one else mentioned it, and most people haven't heard about it, like me >.<
  5. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Dude Minecraft isn't as easy as it looks like. Just played like an hour of it (first time) and man them stupid skeletons! First night i was caught with my pants down at night mining for coal for light, i got killed at least 3 times then suffered a cold and painful night with no light in a sand pit i made in under a minute. Is there a way to increase the light so i can see better at night? I already tried increasing the light on my mac but it still is pitch dark on the screen during the night.
  6. b-mac 39

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Sure, a torch.

Stick below coal on the crafting square.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    It doesn't appear to be free anymore.
  7. Waffle2jazz

Waffle2jazz Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yah i know torches but i mean i literally can't see anything in the dark. i dont wanna have to place a torch every 2 squares to see whats ahead of me. When i watch commentaries on Youtube it sounds like they see good in the dark but light it up for the viewers. In my perspective, i see what the viewers see: pitch black.
  8. b-mac 39

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Did you try turning the gamma up on your computer? Also, I tend to put a torch on either side of the hallway / mine every 4 blocks.
  9. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hm I just go (with torches) as needed. Just in general at night, everything should be decently lit by the stars and moon. If it's pitch black, try hitting F (which toggles the fog) a few times (for some reason it doesn't always do it the first 2 times) and see if the stars/moon reveal themselves.

Skeletons are way good, basically don't even bother with them unless you can hit them through a door or somewhere where they can't hit you, or you have a bow (in which case you'll still likely come out a few hearts down).

Unfortunately the first couple days it really is the wise choice just to spend those cold, dark, lonely nights in somewhere safe.
  10. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I saw this on good game. Its free for a bit and its classic not the beta version