Mind shift - palm OS to ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by motor, Dec 26, 2008.

1. motor

motor New Member

Sorry for the 'should have searched questions' on touch OS compared to the Palm but figure any palm treo users out there with ipod touch devices might be able to give me some quick pointers if you don't mind.

Not looking to do a ipod touch phone and plan on keeping my treo palm 650 at least until end of 2009. Thus a few quick questions please..

1. I'm so used to the palm OS in that, when you install apps, they default to a uncatagoriezed area yet in the apple OS it seems they just get dumped at the end (the last screen not filled up). It would be nice if there was some sort of app to buy/install that would allow one to better control what goes were. As much as I appreicate what apple is (from the little I have used it) it seems harder then a plam OS to manage what apps are placed where on the device. For example it would be great to create icon groups on the bottom single row, tap an icon then that groups apps appear the screen along with the rest of that same group on following panel screens (swipe left).
    The palm OS allows you to do a app/category then you can view all the apps on your device and indicate that group you want them it.

2. emails...it would be great if the mail app would allow you to rotate the screen into landscape mode (I did though download a easywriter app to compose emails that way).

A bit of a long thread...sorry about that. Thus far, of the many apps I installed, I really like:
    i.tv
    weather
    labyrinth le
    mobile news

Downloaded lots of free apps from turkey day along with others reviewed by macworld recently (the best 2008, best games, etc). Had not had time to play with them much really.

thanks for any input
  2. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    awww i thought you were going to say you were porting the classic palm OS...

*cries*
  3. motor

motor New Member

have not a clue if that would be good or bad...touch OS is just so different iand new to me t would be nice if a few of the palm OS features were available on the touch.
  4. cart16

cart16 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    @atomic muffin
    same here, palm os to ipod touch can be thought of in 2 very different contexts
  5. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well, there is 'categories' which organizes your apps into groups of your choosing, but youre on a 2g, so no go there.