might be able to get the apps for free... its worth a try

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by parkerparker, Jan 18, 2008.

1. parkerparker

parkerparker New Member

might be able to get the apps for free...

its briefly talked about in another post but maybe an old i tunes giftcard number can still work under circumstances to buy the apps?... i want to try this so if anyone has one please pm me with the number on it... make sure its empty or only has a dollar or two... much appreciated....... please post your thoughts on this as well (i also realize this could also be absolutely ridiculous but im willin to try anything and who knows if a play with it for a little while it might work....)
  2. benw

benw New Member

This probably wouldn't work.
  3. CHA3E

CHA3E New Member

where would you put it in at
  4. Applefan69

Applefan69 New Member

For starters if it DID work that'd be because some other poor folk bouhgt a NEW itunes card and by SOME coincidence that number on the new one is the same as the old card (chances of this are extremely slim)

BUT if you used your old itunes card in this case and it DID work, that'd mean the poor folk with the new card wont get his money, so you'd be stealing from him/her... really i couldnt possibly support that. In fact i should yell you out for wanting to steal from people.
  5. parkerparker

parkerparker New Member

just put it in the same place youd enter a giftcard number... i honestly dont think this would work but lots of people say they got em for free like this so i want to at least try it.... however i havent got anyone to give me a number yet which i kind of expected... but please if you have a number pm it to me so that i can try and post back and confirm if it works
  6. parkerparker

parkerparker New Member

thats true i didnt think of it that way... id feel bad from stealing from other people.... i wouldnt however feel bad stealing from apple for apps that ought to be free anyway... but then again why in the world would apple use the same numbers over for this reason? i dont think that it would take anyone elses money out of their card or anyone could do this not even realizing it and it would become a big problem
  7. CHA3E

CHA3E New Member

considering you have to redeem the card before buying the update
  8. parkerparker

parkerparker New Member

hmmm good point... i dont know this is why i want to try