Microsoft word for the touch

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by ThePistonHead, Jun 17, 2009.

1. ThePistonHead

ThePistonHead New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The only thing hindering me when i take my ipod in my day to day travels, is when comparing to my laptop, it has no proper word processing application available to it.

I want something basic (like notepad in windows) which allows me to write then save to my ipod, and then open it up on my computer at home, copy and paste it to word or whatever and print it off!!
  2. itouchnathan

itouchnathan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Notes application

Please Register or Log in to view images

Email it yourself and open it up on the computer and then copy and paste it to word

I know, I'm smart

3. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    docs to go and quickoffice will both edit word files and let you email them or sync to a desktop. docs to go will even pull doc files from email attachments and let you edit them if you use an exchange mail account
  4. ThePistonHead

ThePistonHead New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Bunch of legends you guys.

Thanks a bunch, looks like quick office is what im after.

Oh and Jovita, grow up.
  5. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    if you want to be able to edit docs that you get as email attachments then ddos to go is better.

quickoffice will do excel i think, whereas thatas an upcoming feature for docs to go. ive tried both and in my opinion docs to go is better. quickoffice has no auto-correct, word count etc. Thats all available on docs to go. and as i keep saying, email attachment download support. in my opinion that feature alone is huge.
  6. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    There is a new one that just came out, its a lot cheaper than quick office, its called DocsToGo. Its on sale atmo. At the moment it only edits word documents with formatting, but soon it will do spread sheets and stuff. Def check it out. i allows you to sync with your desktop which is nice