Microsoft Surface On Touch!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Nappy1020, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Nappy1020

Nappy1020 New Member

I would love to see someone develop an app that works like a miniature version of Microsoft's Surface Touch Computer. I don't think it would be particularly useful but if anything it could be very flashy. If anyone out there agrees with me, please contact me. My Email Address is Nappy1020@aol.com. I'm myself am not a developer, but i would love to find someone to work with me or help me make my Idea a reality.

Thanks again!

Update- i would like to make a program resembles the Microsoft Surface Touch computer. I'm not looking for it to do all the same things, just maybe a few interesting things, like the multi-touch (2 finger limit) and maybe a few of those interesting graphic effects like the sparkles and water ripples around your finger. maybe it could even be possible to implement the Ipod touch pictures onto the surface background and drag them around like on a table... Again i'm not sure how much of this is possible but its an interesting idea...

Update- OK PEOPLE HAVE TO STOP DOUBLE POSTING IF THIS IS GONNA WORK... but i like a few of ipod_touch_freedoms Ideas!

" I think hes just trying to make like a replicator effect... like he said at least the Ipod touch does have a (2 input) multi-touch interface... and if you look at the AirHockey.app we can see that multiple person interaction is possible... if not a bit frustrating in the Air hockey game" - ipod_touch_freedom

" Nappy said with possible implementing the photos from the ipod onto the surface replicator. That could be fun, and at the same time it could open up new doors for Ipod Touch games and co-op interaction" - ipod_touch_freedom

"it might prove to be a fun source of entertainment... even a conversation starter at a bar or club?" - ipod_touch_freedom
  2. lachlan438

lachlan438 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    the screen way to small and i think that we will need a lot more power to get it to work and Microsoft surface works differently to the ipod touch in terms of sensing
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

You know, the touch is kind of similar to the surface. What are you talking about that is different? "It's not an iPhone, it's a big ass table." - on the Microsoft Surface
  4. Nappy1020

Nappy1020 New Member

on Surface

yes, but what I'm proposing here isn't a functioning surface computer, just an application with similar capabilities. I just got the idea when i was using the Terminal application, taped on the screen, and a little menu popped up around my finger tip. Something like that could be used to duplicate the surface computer.

again... if anyone out there likes my idea, just email me at nappy1020@aol.com or feel free to leave a reply. I'd like to throw around some ideas here.
  5. Ipod_touch_freedom

Ipod_touch_freedom New Member

That actually Sounds really cool! I kinda see what your saying with the popup menu from the terminal application. Someone should make an arty duplicate program that replicates a few of the things from the Surface!
  6. Ipod_touch_freedom

anyone else here support me and nappy1020?
  7. Nappy1020

Nappy1020 New Member

Lol, thanks for the support!

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Ipod_touch_freedom

No prob! i like the whole concept of emulating something that no one else even has yet, not to mention it sounds like it'd be fun to show off!
  9. Nappy1020

Nappy1020 New Member

Calling All Developers Up For A Challenge!!!

i know, glad u agree. We really need the support of a few developers now though. CALLING ALL DEVELOPERS UP FOR A CHALLENGE!!! help support the Surface Touch Emulator!!!
  10. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

how do you expect to emulate something more powerful than the iPod Touch/iPhone?

lets not use the term "emulate" in this case. instead, how about creating something from scratch that resembles the Surface.

EDIT: i am curious how you expect to help a dev yet you have no programming knowledge...