microsoft office mobile

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by akermar, Dec 18, 2007.

1. akermar

akermar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i was wondering if anyone was trying to port this over to the ipod touch this would be so great.

i can see people joking about vista on the touch im not really intrested in any other operating system as i find the touch is great.

but im sure that im not the only one who would like word and excel etc.
  2. Bernstein229

Bernstein229 New Member

You can replace word with TextEdit, Excell with google mobile spreadsheets, I don't know about powerpoint but I think that Microsoft Office Mobile would be better than those. Maybe an emulator?
  3. akermar

akermar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    emulator

i am currently using Textedit

an emulator would be good but im sure mobile office is for arm processors so it should in theory be able to port it over or am i completely mistaken.
    i have used an old version of mobile office on an old ppc i used to have and i much preffer the ipod touch to that but the office is so much more than text edit etc and the latest version is for use on touch screens.
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, since Office is owned by Microsoft, only ones that'd be porting would be Microsoft. Of course then they'd be competing with their Windows Mobile offerings.

I'd be happy if someone grabbed the OpenOffice code and started porting that... course it's taken years to get it fully ported to the Mac (I think it's still in beta), so I can't imagine how long it'd take to port to the iPod Touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. akermar

akermar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    open office

open office would be a good alternative never thought of that.
  6. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad
    it would be very cool but probbly very time consuming
  7. Vyze

Vyze New Member

A portable office suite of some form would be fantastic, and I really hope someone is working on one.

As good as that is, wireless internet access can be pretty scarce in some areas (especially here in the UK), and even rarer is public wireless internet access that you don't have to pay for. Unless Google Spreadsheets has some offline mode where you can use it with Safari and the iPod Touch Apache Server application, then it's not really a viable solution.
  8. akermar

akermar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    spreadsheet and powerpoint

i agree whole heartedly in uk we have very bad wifi hot spots so an offline spreadsheet would be great also a way of viewing powerpoint without having to convert it to jpegs or some such. i think we can get by with textedit and notes but an intergreated word proccesor would be fab.
  9. fredriks91

fredriks91 New Member

i use Notes, they look the same but textedit is more hard to use, and Notes have the e-mail possability.
    is there any benefit with the texteditor over the "notes" application?
  10. akermar

akermar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    some diffrences

in text edit you can open and save word documents *.doc in notes unless you have import and export apps installed or you email it you cannot get your notes of very easily in text edit you can save and open txt and doc files using finder if installed to locate them for openning.

while i love the notes app i use textedit as well

for more info on import and export notes go to the link below

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15249&highlight=export notes

youll find the import and export apps there and additional requirements explained.