Microsoft Office Documents

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by hkey31, Jul 26, 2009.

1. hkey31

hkey31 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I realize that there have been other threads about Microsoft Office but my situation may put a new twist on the subject. I just got a 2nd gen. Touch and I'm pretty cluelees on what good productivity apps are out there that allow you to review, edit, and sync Microsofte Office documents. I need an app. that allows me to access and edit a document wirelessly and then sync (directy, no Wi-Fi) when I return to my desktop. It can be either a calendar app or Microsoft Word app. On top of that, I need to be able to upload the information to a webpage. Does anyone know of something like this that works well? I thought about QuickOffice but I'm not sure if it works without Internet access and will it sync directly through the cable or is it only wi-fi. I'd really appreciate any help! Thank you!
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  3. hkey31

hkey31 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the quick reply. I looked at Docs 2 Go earler but it says that it syncs with a wi-fi connection too.
  4. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry, the iPod Touch doesn't support "cable syncing" content outside of iTunes.
  5. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Documents to Go is what I have always used and trusted for mobile Office use. The other one is QuickOffice, but it has no 2007 support. Docs to Go does not have spreadsheet or PowerPoint support. Spreadsheet support will be coming though, no word yet on PowerPoint editing. ALL Office Files can be VIEWED (2007 as well). Word docs can be EDITED and VIEWED.
  6. hkey31

hkey31 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for all the replies, I'm learning as I go with my new toy. I just read that the 2nd gen. actually has bluetooth capability with the new 3.0 OS upgrade. Could I use bluetooth to transfer "Documents 2 Go" files between the PC and Touch? I'm having to deal with a school network so that's why I can't use wifi. Thanks again.
  7. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Again, I have to disappoint you. The iPod Touch 2G doesn't support transferring files via bluetooth. The Bluetooth in the iPod Touch is solely for AD2P/P2P gaming etc.
  8. milaannn

milaannn New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can't sync, but you can copy documents manually from your itouch to pc and reversed. U can do that with Totalcmd and T-PoT plugin...
  9. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Quickoffice is what I use to write, and it's pretty good, I can type way faster on iPod in landscape than I can write.

Again, no direct connection with computer, but it can grab attachments from e-mails and other nifty stuff.