Microsoft is Working on its Own Tablet?

Discussion in 'iPad Rumors and Pre-release Hype' started by ChronicFunk, Sep 21, 2009.

1. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Microsoft may be readying a tablet of its own as rumors of an Apple Tablet increase.

ZDNet's Mary Jo Foley and TechFlash’s Todd Bishop both received tips earlier this year that Microsoft was going to make another run at the Tablet.

Chief Experience Officer J Allard, who has been been noticeably absent from public appearances over the past few months, is supposedly leading the charge. I heard that at least one exec from Microsoft’s Surface team is part of the Tablet effort, too. Microsoft officials have hinted before that they’re set on building a smaller Surface. At one point, that project was going by the codename “Oahu.” But the new Tablet effort is allegedly part of something that is known as “Alchemy Ventures,” according to the couple of tips I’ve gotten on it to date. I wouldn’t be surprised if Microsoft is waiting for Apple to show its Tablet hand before trotting out its revamped Tablet.

It is unclear whether Microsoft would release the tablet itself or use hardware partners to produce multiple designs.

In the same article Foley indicates that sources say Pink, a Microsoft branded phone, is being built on top of the Windows Mobile 7 core and won't be available till late 2010. Microsoft may however showcase the phone at CES 2010 since apparently they already chose an ad agency to handle the Pink campaign.

via zdnet
  2. MarksiPodTouch.com

MarksiPodTouch.com New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    More evidence: Windows 7 also supports touch screen.
  3. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    erm

in the windows 7 intro video it says "we have introduced new features that enhance the windows experience on tablet computers"

i cant see them actually marketing a tablet PC, microsoft don't make much hardware... mice, keyboards, xbox and zunes
  4. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why would Microsoft make a Tablet PC when there are already several tablet computers running Windows on them?
  5. ChronicFunk

ChronicFunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    • Immature or obscene comments
    Money dumbass. That's what it's all about.
  6. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Even though Microsoft and Apple hate each other maybe they are teaming up to create a tabled? Hmmm

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I doubt it. Apple and Microsoft never worked together unless they had to (as in the case of Apple v. Microsoft, where MS bullied Apple into putting IE on the Mac)
  8. SimonTheSnowman

SimonTheSnowman Active Member

Well they have a Surface.
    It's not a tablet but it's an amazing touch screen "device".

Though if they did make a tablet, I wouldn't be surprised.
  9. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Has anyone seen the surface? It really does crap all over iPhone OS.

A tablet from Microsoft could steal Apples Tablet's thunder

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    #

it wouldn't, because any tablet microsoft makes, will run windows. any other computer manufacturer, toshiba, compaq, dell etc, they could all make a far cheaper competitor windows based tablet computer, hence why microsoft dont actually sell their own PCs etc. Apple are tight-asses, they would never allow other manufacturers to make apple laptops, tablets anything. And infact anybody that tries, they sue.